6th Annual Rally and Advocacy Day at the Michigan State Capitol
May 18th, 2023 10:00AM - 4:00 PM
Be the Voice of Change - UFAM Rally 2023 is a great opportunity for those in Michigan to be heard! The UFAM Rally creates Strength in Unity to eliminate stigma, highlight improved access to treatment, support prevention, and promote recovery from addiction through advocacy, education, and outreach.
- ENGAGE with the dynamic NATIONAL & LOCAL SPEAKERS - representing every aspect of addiction services
- MEET and CONNECT with individuals and organizations from all over the state by visiting the Community Resource Tent
- ENJOY the ENTERTAINMENT provided throughout the day!
- PARTICIPATE in a Naloxone Training
- RELAX and unwind on the capital lawn and participate in yoga at the Holistic Zen Tent with organizations featuring Alternative Therapies & Nutrition.
National & Local Speakers
• Legislative Bullpen (meet your State Legislators)
• Over 50 Resource Tables (including Authors/Artists)
• Holistic Tent (Yoga, Acupuncture, Reiki Therapy, and much more)
• Naloxone Training
A few of the many Speakers & Performers
• EMCEE, Mark Lundholm - National Recovery Comedian
• Tribal Elder Joseph Sowmick & The Onion Creek Drumming Group
• Pam Lynch - Harm Reduction Michigan
• Rob Martin - Recovery Advocate
• Terry Murray - Big Red Barrel Project
• Denise Barney - Clinical Director, Meridian Health Services
• Belinda Thurston - Recovery Advocate
• Jan Bidwell - Author, psychotherapist, and speaker
• Sen. Joe Bellino - Michigan State Senator
• Representative - Michigan Opioid Advisory Commission
• Kira Binkowski - MSU Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) Student Leader
• Ted Zimbo - MSU Recovery Housing Support Specialist
• Chris O'Droski - Recovery Rocker
• Pat Brennan - Singer-songwriter-keyboardist
• Rise Recovery Community Members - Recovery Music
Our mission is to create strength in unity to:
Eliminate addiction stigma, improve access to treatment and support prevention while promoting recovery through advocacy, education, and outreach.
Join us in Uniting to Face Addiction in Michigan!